Looking for a fun (and delicious) activity to do at home? Well look no further, because we have the PERFECT gelato cookie sandwich recipe for you! Something simple enough to satisfy those sweet cravings or to involve any kids you might have running around at home these school holidays!
- 8 tablespoons (115 grams) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups (160 grams) all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons (30 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line two baking trays with baking/parchment paper.
- Add butter and sugars to a large bowl, turn a hand mixer to medium speed and beat until creamy, light and fluffy for around 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, and salt to the bowl and beat with mixer on medium until well mixed in.
- Grab a separate bowl to whisk the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda until blended.
- With the hand mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. You only need to mix until everything has combined.
- Scoop out cookie dough with a tablespoon and roll into a ball to sit on the baking trays.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until the cookies have puffed a little and the tops are dry. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Of course, a gelato cookie sandwich wouldn’t be complete without GELATO! We recommend the classic flavours such as Chocolate and Vanilla to compliment your freshly baked chocolate biscuits. Just scoop out some gelato, sandwich it between 2 cookies and enjoy!
Find your local store via the button below and pick a tub (or 2) up or have them delivered to you!
We’d love to see your creations and reward a $20 gift card for the best ones!
Share your photos with us on Instagram by tagging @gelatissimogelato and #gelatissimo or simply email email@example.com.