The perfect paring of minty freshness, rich chocolatey goodness, and our iconic gelato to create the ultimate Choc Mint Gelato Bars! To celebrate our NEW Cookie Cravings campaign, we’ve crafted this recipe using our NEW Mint Cookies and Cream Made With KITKAT ® gelato.
- 1L tub of Gelatissimo’s Mint Cookies and Cream Made With KITKAT ® gelato
- 140g Choc Cream Biscuits
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 200g Mint Dark Chocolate
- 1 Cup Thickened Cream
- Grease and line base and sides of a 20cm square (6cm deep) cake pan with baking paper, extending paper 2cm above the edges of pan.
- Place biscuits in a zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin until they resemble fine breadcrumbs. Place into a bowl and add butter mixing until combined. Using back of a metal spoon, press mixture into cake pan, ensuring it’s compact. Freeze for 15 minutes or until firm.
- Spoon gelato onto biscuit layer. Smooth top. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm and set.
- Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl. Bring cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat. Pour cream over chocolate and stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Pour chocolate mixture over gelato and spread to cover. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm and set.
- Slice into bars and enjoy!
KitKat® is a registered trademark of Société des Produits Nestlé S.A. Vevey, Switzerland.