Are you starting to run out of baking recipes at home?
We have just the Anzac biscuit recipe for you to involve the whole family this Anzac Day in a simple yet meaningful way, with a gelato twist of course!
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 1 table spoons of golden syrup
- 2 table spoons of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda (add a little more water if mixture is too dry)
- Preheat the oven at 175oC
- Combine all your dry ingredients (oats, sugar, flour)
- Mix in golden syrup, boiling water and bicarbonate of soda until they froth. Add melted butter.
- Combine butter mixture and dry ingredients.
- Drop teaspoons of mixture onto floured tray, allowing room for spreading.
- Place in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool down the biscuits to room temperature.
- Break biscuits into smaller pieces and serve with your choice of gelato!
*The following recipe (ingredients and Steps 2-5) was based off the one published in The Capricornian (Rockhampton, Queensland) on Saturday, 14th August 1926.
Of course, any recipe wouldn’t be complete without gelato, so make sure you have a tub ready! We recommend the classic flavours such as Chocolate or Hazelnut to compliment your freshly baked Anzac biscuits.
So what are you waiting for? Find your local store and see if they deliver to you via the link below:
We’d love to see your creations and reward a $25 gift card for the best ones!
Share them with us on Instagram by tagging @gelatissimogelato and #gelatissimo or if you’re not on the ‘gram, simply email email@example.com.