This is your sign to make Açai mochi. Chewy, soft and easier than it looks – we promise! Our NEW Açai Sorbet makes the perfect filling!
- 1 Tub Gelatissimo Açai Sorbet
- 1 Cup Glutinous Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Icing Sugar
- Blue Food Colouring
- Red Food Colouring
- Corn Starch
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and scoop our Açai Sorbet into small balls and freeze for 2 hours.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine flour, sugar, icing sugar and water and stir until smooth.
- Add food colouring to create your perfect shade. We used a splash of red and blue to create the ultimate purple açai shade!
- Cover in plastic wrap and microwave for one minute. Using a spatula, repeatedly fold the mixture. Our tip is to wet your spatula to prevent it from sticking! Microwave for another thirty seconds and continue to fold the mixture until it’s shiny. It may need an additional thirty seconds if not shiny.
- Grab a piece of baking paper and lay down on your bench, dusting generously with corn starch. Using your spatula, scrape dough onto paper and cover with another generous scoop of corn starch to ensure nothing sticks.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to be half a centimetre thick. Refrigerate for half an hour.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut the dough into circles, ensuring they are big enough to wrap around your gelato ball. Using a pastry brush dust off excess corn starch.
- Place pre prepared gelato ball into dough and press dough around gelato, pinching edges to seal.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, twisting tightly at the top to seal it. Place back in freezer with twisted plastic wrap side down and continue with your remaining gelato.
- Freeze for 2 hours before enjoying!
Pick up a tub of our NEW Açai Sorbet made with Amazon Power from your local store, or get it delivered to your door thanks to our delivery partners.