Christmas is nearly here! Get into the festive spirit with our December Flavour of the month, Gingerbread Cookie Dough made with Buderim Ginger.
Indulge in this festive flavour this December with our delicious gingerbread gelato, bursting with chunky choc chip cookie dough, and swirls of spicy notes of ginger caramel.
Made with Australian grown Buderim Ginger from the Sunshine Coast, in QLD, our ginger caramel ripple adds layers of chewy, gooey treat yourself texture to every scoop!
To celebrate this limited-edition flavour, we have also created a festive breakfast recipe, which means the kids (or adults too) can have gelato for breakfast! Create this Christmas crepe recipe, topped with ginger poached peaches and of course our Gingerbread Cookie Dough Gelato. Simple to create, yet extravagant to taste. The ultimate festive breakfast.
Buderim Ginger Poached Peach Crepes
Featuring our Flavour of the month Gingerbread Cookie Dough
Makes 10 Crepes
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4-5 peaches, halved, stoned and cut into segments
- 1 jar Buderim Ginger Original Ginger Marmalade
- 1/4 cup toasted almond flakes (optional)
- Tub of Gelatissimo Gingerbread Cookie Dough gelato
- Place peaches, marmalade and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Bring to boil, then simmer for 5 minutes or until just soft. Remove from heat, set aside and cool.
- Sift flour into a bowl, whisk milk and eggs together in a jug. Add milk mixture to flour and add a pinch of salt, whisk until well combined. (Tip: Gently bang bowl on a hard surface to release any air bubbles.)
- Spray a medium non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over a medium heat.
- Pour approx 3 tablespoons of batter into pan and swirl to cover the base. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the underside has turned a light golden colour. Flip over and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer crepe to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat until all batter mix has gone. (Tip: to keep crepes warm, preheat oven to 120 degrees (100 fan-forced) and place crepes, covered with foil in oven until required).
- Serve crepes on a plate with poached peaches on top, drizzle a spoonful of extra peach syrup over crepes and add a generous scoop of Gelatissimo Gingerbread Cookie Dough gelato and scatter with toasted almond flakes.
Available for safe pickup and delivery across Australia for a limited time only. Find your local store via the button below to try this flavour yourself or have it delivered straight to your door!