We’re on the hunt for Australia’s best ‘Gelato Taste Tester’
We’re looking for the most refined taste buds in Australia to help us test and evaluate our newest flavours of gelato before they’re released! And for your valuable time (and even more valuable taste buds), you’ll be receiving $500 for your 4 hours of work.
We’ve recently released our two limited edition, decadent new flavours to The Deluxe Range, Luscious Lemon Meringue and Chunky New York Cheesecake. But with plenty more on the way, we are looking for someone who can assess the quality and flavour of our current Deluxe range and assess whether these loaded flavours stay on (and if not, what comes next). So if you think you’re the biggest gelato fan in Australia and can objectively judge your caramel fudge swirl from your lemon meringue drizzle, now’s your moment!
You will be required on Friday 27 September at our Sydney office in Rydalmere for four hours of intensive tasting (that’s $125 an hour!). Not to be taken lightly, here are the following guidelines:
- Make sure you’re in an environment with minimal distractions. Gelato tasting is serious business, so the sensory tasting needs to be as true and unbiased as possible.
- Taste with your eyes. Is the appearance of the gelato visually appealing? If so, that’s a great start.
- Next is the fun bit, the actual tasting. Taste from a spoon turned upside down and place the gelato directly onto your tongue to make sure you’re using all 10,000 of your trusty taste buds.
- While you’re there, why don’t you take another scoopful (how can you resist?) and this time think about the texture. Gelato is known to be smooth and creamy, so make sure that requirement is met.
- Have a cup of water nearby to rinse out your mouth between flavours and then start again!
- Your tongue and taste buds must be prepared for the job. The day before, minimise chilli and hot food to ensure your palate is cleansed and taste buds are undamaged. Please have a small breakfast on the day of to ensure your taste buds are at their most receptive. You’ll leave full, don’t worry.
It isn’t fair that we get to have all the fun ???? Tough job but someone’s gotta do it! Applications are now open on Airtasker until Friday 20 September – just click on the button below and tell us why you’re the best person for the job.