This delicious recipe by Adriano Zumbo is made just for you to make at home this Summer! Inspired by our NEW Aussie Classics with a Twist ICED MAN-GOGO gelato, it involves creating 3 components and simply assembling them together in the end! They are:
- Shortbread Biscuit
- Mango Jam
- Coconut Buttercream
- 150g Unsalted Butter
- 90g Icing Sugar
- 1 Whole Egg
- 250g Plain Flour
- 1g Baking Powder
- 30g Ground Almond
- 1g Salt
- Place the butter and all of the dry ingredients into an electric mixer bowl with beater attachment, and mix until a crumble consistency, then add the egg until it forms a paste.
- Remove from mixer and wrap in cling film, pressing it down until it’s a thin rectangle shape.
- Place this in the fridge for 1-2hrs to chill and rest.
- After this has rested, roll it out with a rolling pin until it’s 3-4mm thick and then lightly flour. (Adriano Tip: I like to put a silicone mat or baking paper underneath to make it easier to move onto a tray if it gets too soft.)
- Cut this into 4cm x 7cm rectangles or use a crinkle edge rectangle cookie cutter, then place on a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Bake at 165 degrees Celsius for around 20-25 minutes until lightly golden in colour.
- 200g Mango Puree or blended ripe mango
- 30g Sugar
- 10g Tapioca Starch
- 15g Cornflour
- 10g Lime Juice
- Place all of the ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil while continuously stirring with a whisk.
- Pour this into a container, lightly cover with cling film and cool.
- Place this into a piping bag with a medium round tube.
- 150g Unsalted Butter
- 110g Condensed Milk
- 100g Coconut Cream
- A Pinch of Salt
- Place butter and condensed milk into a mixing bowl with beater attachment and beat until smooth.
- Add in the coconut cream and salt
- Continue beating until emulsified and mixture aerates and is a smooth glossy stable consistency
- Place into a piping bag with a medium size round tube.
- Pipe out lines of coconut buttercream on either side of the long sides of the biscuit, leaving a gap in the middle.
- Pipe out a line of mango jam in the centre of biscuit between the 2 buttercream lines.
- Dip the biscuit into fine desiccated coconut.
Handy tip: add in our new gelato flavour to make it a gelato biscuit sandwich 😉 Find your local store today to grab a tub of our limited edition Iced Man-GoGo gelato to take this biscuit recipe to the next level.
For your chance to WIN 1 of 10 x $25 Gelatissimo Gift Cards, make sure to tag @gelatissimogelato #gelatissimo on Instagram for share your creations with us!